"A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures"

sábado, 24 de mayo de 2008

Now, Back at School 3

April 1st, 2008
Third day

Finally today, I arrived to the school with no problems. I was not lost at all. Because of that, I was really happy and I felt that it would be a great day.


Something I did not like very much, was that the little students are learning how to repeat, instead of thinking in the answers. The clearest point is that the kids answer “I am very fine, thank you” even though they might feel sad or bad. So, they are not really thinking in what they are answering, they just repeat it. Moreover, there is something that is pretty ambiguous for I do not know if it is good, bad or both. This is that, for example, she teaches in the three 2° grades the same. It may be good because they are in the same level. It may be bad, because she does not consider the different students in the different classes. The students are treated as objects with this methodology, because, as I said before, she does not consider what every single students can bring or what things can they come up with.


Anyway, it was a short day because the small kids I am with went home earlier today. The reason for this was that the elementary teachers had a meeting. I was pretty relaxed and we had a lot of time to talk and to prepare materials such as drawings for the English room. During the talk, I got to know Ximena, my teacher, better. She told me a little more about her personal life, her education, how she got to be a teacher and some things about the school. That was really good for me, because at that moment I did not really trust at her. In other words, I did not have much confidence to tell her my opinions, but after the long conversation I got more confidence.


Although I had only two classes, today was a really good day because I had more time to get to know Ximena and to discuss some things about the school. I hope Thursday to be a great day too.

No hay comentarios: