"A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures"

viernes, 20 de junio de 2008

Thoughts...

I seriously have no idea of why this thought comes to me once in a while. Anyway, I don't like it, it makes me feel rotten. Actually, I just hate the way it makes me feel! This stupid thought is about death. When it comes to my mind I ask myself wheter life is really worth the trouble of living it.

I have this restlessness desire to know what happens after death. Where do we go to? Is there any place to go? Why have I taken all the trouble to live my life and do my best doing it if I will day and that's it, it will be over? This thought really worries me, and when I am thinking about it I feel so cold and my stomach gets tense. I mean, Death frightens me. And it makes me feel scared of wasting my time in silly things. I really think we have to live our life and take the most of it without wasting any minute.

Today, I was in the bus and this stupid thought came to me... I said, I don't want to die, I don't want to! But you can't live forever, right? Eventually, we will all die. What right does death have over me that takes away my posibility of living forever? For me, dying is the most horrible thing in life, but we all know it will happen, anyday since your birth.

I hope to feel a bit more relaxed about this topic that is a big issue for me!


Just a question,

What do you feel when you think about dying?

1 comentario:

Kimbooly dijo...

Hi, my name is Kimberly, and I stumbled across your thoughtful blog today. I can see what a caring and compassionate person you are, and hope you don't mind me answering your questions about death.

First let me back up to where we came from and why we're here. We lived in Heaven a long time ago as spirits, with God. He had a plan for us, that we come to earth to get a mortal body and be tested. A veil was put over our spiritual understanding, which is why most of us can't remember Heavenly Father. Otherwise, we'd remember and it would be too easy to choose the good path, and we wouldn't really learn to choose for ourselves, good over bad. If we make good choices and seek to be like God, we get to live with him again. Everything he commands for us is because he loves us and wants us to get to live with him again.

While we live, we make mistakes with our mortal bodies, but Jesus came down and paid for our sins in Gethsemane before he was crucified. Because he paid for our sins, we can repent of our bad choices and be wiped clean, over and over, as we strive to overcome weaknesses. Because he was resurrected, we too can be resurrected, and won't stay dead, which would be cause to be depressed.

But the good news is, after we die, there is an afterlife. Our spirit separates from our dead body. It's a little complicated, but there's a place we go right after death, either in Spirit paradise or spirit prison, depending on what kind of life we led in mortality. But it's not our final destination, like Heaven or Hell. We can still keep learning there and growing, and get more chances to get back to God. Then, when it's time for the final judgment for everyone, will we go to our final destination, which is three different options for most of us: a telestial kingdom for those who pretty much weren't nice, a terestrial kingdom for people who are nice whether or not they knew about God and Jesus during their life, and a celestial kingdom for people who were truly just and good in all that they did, who repented on a consistent basis while striving to be better and to overcome the natural man in all of us (the parts of us we don't like, the mad, mean parts).

It's going to be really good. It really is worth it to live this little time here on earth where we get a body. In fact, it doesn't seem like it now, but it will be a little blink of an eye in our eternal existence.

You're doing so much good, and you care so much about these students and the school system and life, you will be richly blessed for your goodness. Don't worry about death. Immortality takes the sting out of death.

Please let me know if this was helpful. I don't know your beliefs at all, so I'm putting myself out there.

If you want to talk more, you can post on my blog and I'll give you my email.

Later, when we are resurrected (I'm not sure if that's just before or right after the final judgment), our spirits will be reunited with our bodies, only there will be no illness, and our bodies will be in perfect form; if someone was mentally handicapped on earth, they won't be in heaven. Same if they were in a wheelchair, etc.