"A traffic jam when you're already late
A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic...don't you think
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like rain on your wedding day

It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought... it figures"

miércoles, 31 de octubre de 2007

Halloween

Gloomy night

As a Chilean, I did not believe in Halloween and I did not celebrate it either, not until this night.

It was the night of October 31st. It was a cold, dark and very gloomy night. My little sister, Victoria,had gone to celebrate Halloween with some friends of hers. As usual, on my block, the kids went house by house trick or treating and asking for candies. At 10 p.m. my sister was already in bed and no one was outside. At least, that is what I thought.

I went to bed and all the doors of my house were locked. I was reading and everyone in my house was sleeping. Suddenly, my bedroom light turned off. I freaked out and I stood up to turn on the light. Then, I was back in bed and the light turned off again. I was terrified and my body was trembling with fear. I could not believe what had just happened. In that moment, while I was standing up to turn on the light, I heard my aunt's voice calling my name. I looked through the window and I saw her. While I opened the window, she asked me to open the door. I went downstairs, opened the door and let her in. When I closed the door, my aunt started to change. Suddenly, I saw a sort of man with a black tunic. His face was grey and I could see a lot of scars on it. His eyes were red and he was really scary. His hands were shaking and covered with blood. I started screaming but nobody heard my voice. I felt so terrified and anxious. The "spirit" started laughing so loud and I got into my mom's bedroom. The "spirit" followed me and with his claws killed my sister, 'Oh, Victoria' I said. I started crying and screaming even louder than before but nobody listened to me. Then, I realized that I was mute. I prayed and prayed, thinking if the Lord would hear me, thinking if the Lord would help me. While I was praying, he killed my mother by cutting her head out of her body and he threw it to me. I felt the horror running through my veins and suddenly my body was shocked off.

When I woke up, I was in bed with the book in my hands and the light was on. I had been sleeping, or I thought I was. Seconds later, I went downstairs and there was no "spirit" around the first floor of my house. I went to my mom's bedroom to see if she was OK, to see if it had just been a nightmare and I saw the walls were bleeding and I screamed and cried all night, but nobody listened, nobody was there, nobody.

No hay comentarios: